Monday, December 13, 2010

Cookie Exchange

We moved the Cookie Exchange to Sunday, but he had no idea how many people would show. There was originally going to be 30 people or so, but with bad driving conditions, plus the last minute change of date, we had no idea how many people would show.

But first we had to get there. Which was no easy feat. I went out to dig our cars out out. The roads hadn't even been plowed once, so it was pure, fresh snow. 2 hours later, and with the help of 3 of our neighbors, Lindsay and I got both cars moved to a safe street. I was bundled up from the cold and didn't noticed I was soaking wet from sweat.

We were running way behind, so we ran out. Jesse moved his flight so he could still come to the party, so we went to pick him and Chris C up. Chris C's road was un-drivable, so they had to walk to a nearby road, and then we headed to the studio.

We made it and were set up before the first people started to show up. It was a slow trickle at first, but eventually we had about 20 people packed in.

cookie_exchance_01

cookie_exchange_01

cookie_exchange_04

cookie_exchange_05

cookie_exchange_07

cookie_exchange_06

cookie_exchange_08

cookie_exchange_09

cookie_exchange_10

cookie_exchange_11

cookie_exchange_13

cookie_exchange_12

cookie_exchange_14

cookie_exchange_15

cookie_exchange_16

cookie_exchange_18

cookie_exchange_17

cookie_exchange_19

cookie_exchange_22

cookie_exchange_20

cookie_exchange_21

cookie_exchange_23

cookie_exchange_25

cookie_exchange_24

cookie_exchange_26

cookie_exchange_27

cookie_exchange_28

There were a lot of sweet treats. Too many. I think most people didn't eat before the event, so near the end we decided to order pizza for everyone, just so they could have something other than sugar in their tummies.

When I walked to get pizza, I got a call from Chris S. He needed help moving his dead car. Chris C and I stopped and tried to help, but he wasn't sure about if he could legally put it anywhere yet, so we gabbed the pizza and went back.

At around 5, most of the people had filed out. Jesse, Chris C and I went to moved Chris S' car. It was pretty easy, actually.

We took Francesca and Chris C home, and Jesse came back to our place. We made some real food, and even tough I wasn't super hungry I ate it hoping to avoid stomach problems from only eating sweat treats and greasy pizza.

Jesse and I took turns playing a bunch of games, from Pinball FX2 to Pacman CE DX to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. I edited all the photos from the party and posted them before going to bed. I had to be up at 4 AM to take Jesse tot eh airport, but I didn't get to bed until around 2 or so. Oops.

No comments: