Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to me.

This week feels like it's been kind of nuts.

Our crazy deadline has been creeping closer and we've all been busting a move to get everything accomplished... but there's one part I forgot about. Luckily, it's more of a formatting/administrative thing and we have Mary on board to help wrap this sucka up (although this is only phase one, 1/2 the designs we need to do in total).

I haven't had a lot of time to do much else, which is always a bummer. I've been working out for a few minutes when I get a chance, but it's really driving me nuts. I just want to go to the gym. For like 3 hours. Once this is over I think I'll be at the gym everyday for a couple weeks.

I've gotten in a couple games here and there, mainly I just log in to do a quest in WoW or a race in NFS: Hot Pursuit or play a match in Bad Company 2. Usually it's WoW since I can do that in bed, and often I get as far as logging in, leaving the Inn, then deciding there's no quest close enough to be worth it and just turning around and logging off.

But the work we're churning out isn't 1/2 bad, especially considering we really don't even have time to stop and think. And we're being compensated for the deadline and pressure, so it's all good in the end.

Oh yeah, my birthday was yesterday. It really wasn't very special, but I wasn't expecting it to be. We had a check-in for the project in the morning/early afternoon, so we had to print out a ton of crap to prepare fro that. I bought Lindsay a color laser printer/copier that set up pretty hassle free and worked like a charm. Nice.

The meeting went well, and we're on track. We had about 1/2 of the designs to show, which might seem odd considering we're like 8/12 days into the process here, but when you factor in that the first 4 or 5 of those days were spent in Wisconsin or on planes, it's not so bad.

After the meeting, Mary came by and we worked for as long as we could. We didn't bring the dogs to the studio thanks to the meeting, so we had to go let them out. Lindsay went to the hardware store to pick some stuff up, and I stayed home and cooked some dinner and played 1/2 of a race in Hot Pursuit.

When Lindsay came back we ate and watched an episode of Firefly before getting back to work until bed...

Happy birthday! No presents (because I opened them already), no cake, no nothing. Although an unusually large amount of people commented on my facebook thing. Which is only odd considering last year I think 2 did...

Today felt pretty good, though. We went to a meeting with a new client in the morning. It was in Minnetonka, which might as well be another freakin' state it feels so far away. We got some new projects (to start once we wrap our current crisis). On the way home I missed an exit and we ended up so close to home, we decided to pick up the dogs and take them to the studio. We also grabbed some Hot Dogs from Chris and Rob's.

Mary came in and we just cranked on art all day. I ran out to walk the dogs and get some pizza at Pizza Luce, so I called Chris S to hold the dogs while I paid, since he lives next door. He and Isara walked me home and came up for a bit, but we were pretty boring. No one really looked up from their computers, but I told them to expect that.

Now it's 10:30 and we're thinking about heading home. I think we've got a couple more things to finish tonight, before tomorrow when we make the final push...

Yeah.

No comments: