I was still sick this weekend, but Lindsay got more sick. She took over as #1 sick person in the house. I can't even remember what happened for a lot of the weekend. I know it took us a long time to get going every day. I would get up and go to the gym, but by the time I was awake and ready it was already past noon.
It was a bit of a snowstorm of Friday, so after work we met Adam at Pho Hoa before heading home for the night. Saturday we went out to eat with Francesca and Adam at Chino Latino, and it was a pretty good time.
Sunday we did some more cleaning, and I went to the gym again. We had a bunch of stuff to do around the house and to prepare for my trip, but I also promised Chris C that we would visit him at a craft-fair thing he was involved in. We went and it was an interesting set up. There were some other people we knew, so we talked for a while. Longer than we should have, but eventually we grabbed some food at Buca and stopped by the studio to grab a bunch of cards and a scanner. I did a bunch of laundry and tried to prepare a bit for my trip, but I also played Bad Company 2 with Ryan and Jesse. Super fun.
I started back into Fable 3. For a while, I could only think about how I didn't feel like it was stacking up to Fable 2. The combat is worse, the interactions are worse, the equipment is more limited... I don't know. I wasn't feeling it.
But then it clicked for me, at least to a certain extent. Right around the time I started to get enough money to buy some property, which got me more money, which I spent on more property... I own a heck of a lot of the world now. I also did all the side quests (besides the pure evil ones), and at this point I'm just about to cross a major plot point which I can't go back on... it definitely took a bit to sink the hooks in, but now I'm pretty into it. Although I still think Fable 2 was better. But not by as much as I might have thought originally.
Monday I had it all planned out. I would go to the office, spend most of the day preparing for my trip (printing tickets, maps, figuring out public transport, etc), take care of any emails/last minute things clients might need, then be done right at 5. Then I'm maybe stop at the gym on my way home to do laundry and pack. None of that happened. Well, I printed my ticket. But some students came to visit and stayed much longer than anyone thought they would. Lindsay had a bunch of stuff to do for the book pitch, too, so she enlisted me to write all the placeholder copy and start printing, trimming and prepping the pages.
I didn't leave the studio until nearly midnight. And even then, it was because I absolutely had to pack and get ready. Lindsay didn't get home until 2 am or so. Right as I was pulling 4 cakes out of the oven that Lindsay made me prepare for her class.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment