I had a flight that left at 10:50 AM. So I am thinking I should be at the airport about 2 hours in advance, so 8:50. I have to take a shuttle there, but the only time I can get one is 7:30. So I ended up having to get up pretty early for an 11:00 AM flight, which is annoying.
On the way to the airport, I got a text from the airline telling me my flight has been delayed. Just by 20 or 30 minutes, though, no biggie. I had a connecting flight out of Denver, but it shouldn't be a big deal.
I find that SFO has a free wi-fi, and I'm able to play World of Warcraft, so I started a goblin and played the first couple levels. His name is Muthaeff.

My flight got delayed a couple more times, and they stop putting new ETA's on the board. In the end, it was little more than 2 hours late. I kept thinking about going to get food, but I didn't want to eat since I didn't know when I was going to fly.
I arrived in Denver 15 minutes after my connecting flight was supposed to board. Luckily it was at the next gate over, so I just walked over and got on. I went to sit down in my window seat (my first window seat in 10 years, since Lindsay has to have the window seat every time we travel) and there was a man and his 3 year old daughter in the aisle and middle seat. He started gather up his child and bags but I told him if he'd rather he could just move over one and have the window and middle seats, and that I had no preference.
He asked me, since I had no preference, if I wouldn't mind taking a middle seat. I was kind of weirded out, like 'why would you want me to sit between your daughter and yourself?' but I think I managed to say 'whatever you think is easiest...' He then informed me his wife and newborn infant were in the middle seat one row up, and they would give me their seat. I obliged.
I got back to Minneapolis right on time, at about 7 PM. Lindsay picked me up and we went to get some food. For the 3 days I was gone, I ate exactly once per day. Traveling will do that to me.
I was glad to be back home with Lindsay, the dogs and cats. I was really tired though, so I played the new Marvel tables in Pinball FX 2 (which are awesome) and went to bed. Although I couldn't sleep for some reason. Maybe because I felt like it was earlier than it was.
I was real sorry for that in the morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment