Friday, December 17, 2010

Early Chirstmas

So this week I made the conscience decision to start using my twitter account that I started 2 or 3 years ago. Up to this point, I'd only made one post. So there you have it. So I I'm twitter-dude teenwolfdude.

So far I've made a massive amount of awesome posts. I promise I will try not to abuse it.

The week was pretty busy even though Lindsay's not teaching. The massive amounts of snow still makes everything a pain. Parking, driving and walking cans still present their fair share of problems. Lindsay and I both got tickets, too. Although they were for expired and misplaced tabs, respectively. Sucky.

We got a couple new clients this week, and I wrapped up a couple projects that were lingering, so that was nice. One was web-based and I'm no web-guru, so it's always kind of a struggle. But it worked out fine.

I 'finished' Fable 3 early in the week, which was pretty awesome. I started off pretty cool on the game, but really got into it by the end. I also heard a lot of people complain about the ending, and instead of avoiding spoilers (I could care less), I read up as much as I could.

The main problem seemed to be that the endgame springs up on you without warning. Once you're locked in, the game can end to devastating consequences. You can basically loose all NPC in the game, and since you can keep playing and questing after the story ends, that kind of kills the game.

The objectives and time-line during the final 3/4th of the game are a bit unclear. But since I knew what was coming, I was able to make the best of it and had a super successful ending, and I was really happy with that. Even once the story ended, I kept playing for a couple hours doing all the quests I somehow missed (maybe they only unlock once the main story ends). I was pretty anal about making sure I was doing all the side quests, but there were a bunch that popped up later.

Anyway, I loved Fable 2, and while Fable 3 started out slow, in the end I liked it about the same. Some things were better, and other things were (bizarrely) worse. I plan on going back to it again, though.

Since I was kind of between trips, with San Fransisco behind me and our early Christmas right around the corner, I spent a lot of time trying to get my laundry and house in order.

Thursday was our final day of in-office work for the week. We were kind of busy, but we managed to grab sushi afterward and exchange gifts. It was a lot of fun, and all the gifts were really cool and silly. Francesca is leaving for a month, so it was kind of our last night together for a while.

Friday was a crazy day.

We knew we'd be running around like crazy, so we started a bit early. We had to pick up Francesca before a meeting, so we headed to her place.

While waiting to cross Hiawatha Ave, the car in front of us decided he was too far into the intersection. He backed up... right into us. I tried to honk but it was too late. The car barely touched us, just a kiss, and had a trailer hitch attached that bent up my license plate. Luckily that was the only thing that hit us, so we were good.

We grabbed Francesca and headed out to Eden Prairie for a meeting. We agreed to do a grip of greeting cards in a really short deadline, and this was the official kick-off meeting. It lasted an hour or two, and all the designers were present. When it started, everyone was laughs and smiles. When it ended, everyone (besides the three of us) were grim. The deadline is SUPER tight, and it scared a lot of people. It's going to monopolize hour holiday, but whatever.

We still had a lot to do, but we went to Noodles and then West Elm. Lindsay just had to show Francesca some stuff, and since she can't drive to see it herself, this was our chance. It was getting later, nearing rush-hour, and things on the highway were busy. We took the back-roads, but I got really sick to my stomach. I'm not sure why.

By the time we got home, I was in no mood to do anything. But we had a flight in a couple hours, so we had to quickly pack and leave.

We were flying to Milwaukee with Victoria. So once she arrived at our house, Mary took us to the airport. Luckily I was starting to feel better.

It was a smooth flight, no one was at the airport and the plane was 1/2 full. I haven't seen a flight like that since the 90's.

When we touched down in Milwaukee, I found out Lindsay's parents were flying in from Disney at the same time. I was worried about how we'd find them in the airport, but at that moment they just walked up to us. I guess they landed a minute after us at a terminal right next to ours. Bizarrely easy.

We all crammed into the back of their truck, and headed to Mequon. Milwaukee airport is a ways from their house so we stopped for pizza on the way.

When we got there, we stayed up pretty late. Lindsay's parents have cats now, although their confined to the basement, so we played with them a bit.

When we did go to bed, Lindsay and I tried to sneak them into our room. It worked, but the joke was on us. One of the cats is very cuddly, but super vocal, so I was up all night... Just like home.

No comments: