This post has been a long time coming. Three of the games that were originally included have have been released since I first started jotting down titles (for those keeping track, Halo: Reach would have been on the "For Sure!" list, while both DeathSpank and Metroid would have been on the "I'm Listening..." list).
Once I was finished I noticed a few things different from previous years: There's a lot less high "For Sure!" list (one is a real game, one's a party game, and one's a glorified map pack). There are NO PS3 games. There are NO DS games. There are a lot of "I'm Listening..."
A lot of the lack of heavy hitters might be because this year was so strong already. With Battlefield Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Starcraft 2, Alan Wake, Super Street Fighter, God of War III, Heavy Rain, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (and those are just the HUGE ones) already being released, I'm not surprised that there's not a ton of steam left.
Actually, looking at everything on all the lists, there' still a ton of stuff coming out.
- Done Deals
- Metroid: Other M (Wii)
- Halo Reach (360)
- Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue (XBLA)
- For Sure!
- Fable III (360)
- Rock Band 3
- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam (360)
- Probably...
- Medal of Honor (360)
- DJ Hero 2 (360)
- Dance Central (360)
- Costume Quest (360)
- World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (PC)
- Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare (360)
- Pinball FX 2
- Vanquish (360)
- Dead Space Ignition (XBLA)
- I'm Listening...
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
- Super Meat Boy (XBLA)
- Epic Mickey (Wii)
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (360)
- Enslaved (360)
- The Underdogs
- Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (360)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360)
- Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (360)
- Dead Rising 2 (360)
So that's that. I'm sure I missed some stuff, but whatever. I'm done with this list. But wait! Let's look at the amazing stuff that was mostly pushed back from this holiday season into early next year!
- Bangers in Early-ish 2011
- Dead Space 2
- Portal 2
- Dragon Age 2
- Crysis 2
- Gears of War 3
- LBP 2
- Killzone 3
- Socom 4
- Marvel VS Capcom 3
DAAAAMN!


2 comments:
It sounds like all the studios got behind schedule, all those early 2011 games were probably slated for 2010... Maybe studios are learning its better to hold off and release good shit.
Of the games you listed, these are the ones I might consider:
Fable III (though never played the first 2)
Costume Quest (more likely than not)
BC2:V (if y'all manage to peer-pressure me)
RDR: Undead (only if this is actually game stuff and not just some goofy multiplayer)
Vanquish (I'll look at it but wont buy it.)
Also, no Mass Effect 2: Shadowbroker? Word on the street is, it actually continues the story is some vaguely meaningful way....
Oh, and Dead Rising 2 got a nice write up on Ars Technica...
I'll probably get the Shadowbroker DLC, just because I've done everything else in Mass Effect 2 and I might as well be a completionist.
I guess I just didn't consider that content Holiday Season releated. I also thought Deathspank was certainly suspect, as well.
The only reason the RDR content was not on my "For Sure" list is because I don't know if it's story stuff either. If it's multiplayer, then I'll pass.
I know Dead Rising 2 is good, and I loved Case Zero, but like I said before, I think Case Zero was probably enough for me, and the time-constraint mechanic of the game is less appealing when the game is 10 hours as opposed to 1 1/2...
And I am sure we will peer pressure you into buying the BFBC2 expansion. Squad CUTE will be back in full effect!
Post a Comment