Monday, September 29, 2008

Putting my game face on.

The holiday season is packed stupid with games. I sat down with a friend and got a handle on what titles I am realistically interested in through the end of the year.

These I will get, day one, no question:
  • Little Big Planet
  • Fallout 3
  • Gears of War 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness Episode 2

These I tell myself I'll pass on, but know I'll just end up getting them anyway, probably right away:
  • Dead Space
  • Prince of Persia
  • Resistance 2
  • World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

These I'm definitely interested in, but maybe they're redundant thanks to my ownership of Rockband / Rockband 2 and Singstar:
  • Singstar Vol. 2
  • Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Lips

I'm curious but very skeptical about these:
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Tomb Raider Underworld
  • Farcry 2
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Fable 2

These seem interesting, but I'll probably just pass on, sorry:
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Bango-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
  • Socom: Confrontation

These I count as holiday releases, but I've already picked up:
  • Spore
  • Rock Band 2
  • Wipeout HD
  • Mega Man 9
  • Buzz

And this one I don't think I care about, except I kind of do because it's developed by former Halo multiplayer designers and published by Capcom:
  • Age of Booty

I've noticed there complete lack of Wii titles on the list. Shocking.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

From your list, these are my thoughts...

Will buy (unless some twist of fate exposes the game as shit):
Fallout 3

Might buy (if I feel like dropping more money than I own):
Rock Band 2 package with insturments

Looks interesting, but will not buy (unless I cave to peer preasure):
Dead Space - I don't like scary sci-fi games, I don't get them
Gears 2 - Have yet to beat the first one, so probably shouldn't buy the second one...
Mirror's Edge - A game that seems to comprised of my most hated levels in many games, being that level where you have to run away from something while jumping a lot, the game sounds like pure torture.
Fable 2 - If the reviews are really good I'll consider it