
On Friday we went out to Pho Hoa with Adam. Then we went to Altered Esthetics (that's how it's spelled) to see Chris S's art in the new show. Isara, Mary, Chris C and Jessie were there, so we ended up hanging around for a couple hours.
On Saturday we went to the State Fair with Chris and Jessie. It was OK. We took the free bus there, so that was cool. Parking and driving in that area really sucks, so taking the bus makes things way better.

The Fair was packed. Super packed. Super-duper packed. Panic-inducingly packed.


We went straight to the animal area. I tried to take some pictures, but it was so crowded I eventually gave up. But here's a few.



After the animals, we started to look for food. Lindsay and I aren't exactly into the whole fair food culture. We shared a Pronto Pup, which I am told is different than a Corn Dog but damned if I could tell.
Then we got some cookies. They were kind of small, but we each ate 4 or 5. Then I felt sick.
Jessie goes to the Fair multiple times a year, and ate the crap out of lots of stuff. By this point I wanted some fruit or vegetables, because I hadn't eaten anything before we went and my stomach felt pretty crappy.
Amazingly, I did find the one place that had some Pineapple. I'm not even sure it was for sale (they were coring pineapples to make novetly cups for piƱa coladas). But it was amazing.
After the fair, we hung out at Chris C's house for a while. Then we headed to Ikea to get some office furniture. And the mall after that... just because, I guess. Lindsay wanted some clothes. Or shoes. Or something.
When we got home I was exauseted and just went to bed. it was only midnight, but couldn't stand being awake anymore.


No comments:
Post a Comment