I finally finished sorting, editing and uploading and blogging all the pictures from Iceland.
You can see all the pictures in the flickr set.
If you like things like 'context' you can read all about it in the following links. You could just scroll down, I guess, but if you like things in chronological order the links might be more helpful.
Iceland Day 1
Iceland Day 2
Iceland Day 3
Iceland Day 4
Iceland Day 5
Iceland Day 6
Iceland Day 7
Iceland Day 8
To be honest, putting all of this together was a HUGE pain in the ass. I spent a long, long time working on it. It's taken up a big chunk of my life since we got back. And I'm glad to be done.
I think it's great to have since I tire of repeating the same stories ad nauseum, but at the same time, when I was stealing every minute I could just to sort through a couple more photos or write another blog post I couldn't help but think, "why am I doing this? is it even worth it?"
It's a bit less of a huge burden when I at least have my computer with me. That way I can at type out the blogs at the end of each day, instead of taking rough notes and then trying to piece back together what happened. And maybe import some photos and decide which are best to use.
Part of the pain also is thanks to Icelandic not being easy to read or write, so every name, location, and term I used I had to Google and figure out if it existed, how to spell it, and what weird characters to use. Just to make sure I wasn't writing gibberish and nonsense.
I guess it's a full circle kind of thing. Lindsay does all of the planning, and once the vacation is over her work is done, but mine is just beginning.
Whatevs. Now to play Dead Rising 2: Case Zero!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment