Monday, October 4, 2010

1 year.

Dang. I just wrapped up the project I've been working on for a week. I would be happy if I never saw *Licensed Artist Deleted* crappy art again.

Around quittin' time on Friday I was pretty exhausted, but we went out to dinner with Adam and his new lady friend. We were going to go to Buca, but there was quite a wait. So instead we went to a nearby Indian place that was pretty good.

She seemed really cool, but it's hard to tell because Lindsay and i dominated the conversation with stories of pooping, warts and pets.

Afterward I went home and played Civilization V until the early morning. I had tried the demo, and when my turns ran our (I think the demo lets you take about 100 turns) I went a head and bought it. I've never played a Civ game, but I've tried a couple times. Usually upon booting it up, I look at the map, make a move or two, and say "whatever." But I think Civ V does the best job yet of introducing you to the game (even better than Civ Revolution for the consoles). Or maybe I was just in the right mood

This weekend was Lindsay and my 1st anniversary of being married. Which means we've been together 8 years. So on Saturday we went to an apple orchard. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping, because it was way too crouded and more of an industry than the quaint one we visited a couple years ago, but we bought a bomb-ass pie and some apples and made the most of the time there. I was taking some pictures but my camera ran out of batteries in the first 10 minutes. Aw, snap.

We had a bit of time before dinner so we went and picked me up a new MacBook Pro. So slick.

We went to dinner at a fancy-ish restaurant called La Chaya. We were both in the mood for soup and salad so we didn't try much of the menu, but it was dang good.

We were going to see a movie, but we decided to go watch Ghost Adventures (season 3 just came out on Instant Watch) instead. I started installing programs and setting up my new computer. And I played some more Civ V on the PC in the background.

On Sunday we spent most of the day at the studio. We both had work to do, so it wasn't too fun. Adam came by and we got take out from a new Chinese place next door. Which reaffirmed what I already knew, Chinese food is my least favorite of all the Asian foods. I just don't care for it much (for those keeping track, the top 3 are probably Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese... or Indian).

Today was a busy day, but now I'm alone in the studio with the dogs. Lindsay's in class and I'm thinking about heading over to the gym. But first I've got to take these dogs out.

That was an enthralling final paragraph.

No comments: