Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wedding and Cleaning.

An old friend's wedding was on Saturday. I kind of hate weddings, and Lindsay really does, so it's not something we get terribly excited for.

That took up most of the day. It was very wedding-y. We danced a bunch, but we were the ONLY ones most of the time. It was fun but kind of awkward. We didn't know many people there, but we were lucky enough to sit next to someone I found enjoyable and interesting.

We took off around 10 and headed home to meet up with Adam. On the way home we stopped at Target to get cat litter and I saw a dude who was so tall it made me dizzy. I never have to look up to people, at the very least I'm about eye-level with them, but this dude was about 8 inches taller, if not more.

Although it was supposed to be an in-and-out trip for cat litter, I left with some shirts and a copy of Metroid: Other M. I'm not too into Nintendo franchises, and while I appreciate that Super Metroid is a great game, I played it 15 years too late to make any impact on me. But something about Other M... I don't know. I had to play it.

We met Adam at our place, and played a bunch of RockBand. We made a character that looks nothing like him. Lindsay and my characters are instantly recognizable, and Chris C's and Becky's are pretty spot-on, but Adam just didn't have anything to grab onto to make it identifiable. It could be just any blond dude.

On Sunday we went to the Square with Chris and Jessie. We stayed a long time, just chillin'. Chillin' at the Square. After that we pretty much spent the day cleaning. We decided to do some deep-down cleaning and seriously assess how we use our space... just like we do every week or month or whatever. But we made some progress, so that's cool.

At night I've been playing some Reach and Metroid. Reach is still pretty hard, and now I refuse to turn down the difficulty, so I bash my head against the Elites for a while, then cleanse my palette with Other M before bed. I'm actually totally loving bother games.

No comments: