Lindsay's parents were in town this week, from Tuesday until the end of today. They kind of came up to help build a new fence around our property, but they only got as far as measuring the perimeter... I'm really not sure what they were up to the rest of the time.
While they were her we went out to Bad Waitress and Yum!, but otherwise I didn't see much of them. Whatever they did, it seems like the 6-7 hour drive to get here was probably not worth it.
I've been feeling a little sick all week. I don't know if I'm sick, or just tired. There's been some long nights this week, Lindsay's been begging me to stay up late, and Oliver has been being a real jerk at night.
And maybe forgetting that Monday was Labor Day and just moseying into the office and working all day gave us bad vibes for the rest of the week.
On Tuesday I hung out with Chris C while Lindsay and Jessie went to a Tea Ceremony. I introduced him to Splinter Cell Conviction. We played some local co-op Hunter missions. After a bit Ryan came online. He has the game as well, so Chris C and I traded off playing with him. Which is probably better, because even with a huge TV split screen is still kind of painful.
Lindsay and I have been getting ready for Ryan's Farewell BBQ. We bought a ton of stuff to make treat bags for everyone. I'll post the contents here once the party is over.
After we bought all that crap for the BBQ, Lindsay gave me a slick new haircut. My hair grows really fast, so it's always kind of time for a new haircut but I'm lazy. So I really needed one bad.
Last night I preordered Frozen Synapse. When you preorder, you get 2 copies; one for yourself and one for a friend. You also get 2 passes for immediate access to the long running beta.
Frozen Synapse is a simultaneous turn-based tactics game with super precise control over a squad. It reminds me a little of the very cool Flotilla except it's presentation is slicker and it's more complex.
But despite the super in-depth micro-managing, the abstract presentation and the hilarious 'one tiny mistake and your dead' gameplay, it's not actually that hard to pick up and play. I ran through the tutorial and was able to start winning skirmishes against the computer right off the bat.
But most people consider it a multiplayer game, and it's easy to see why. You can play an online opponent in real time, but since it's turn-based you can also play in a'Play By Mail' mode. Each player takes a turn, the results play out, and an email goes out telling each player to make the next move.
You can have multiple games going at once, and play at your leisure, so you could phesably wake up, take all your turns in the morning before work and be playing a game with a student who is playing everyday at midnight.
It's seems really cool, so I'll give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment