Monday, September 13, 2010

So long, sucka.

On Friday I spent the day doing dumb crap. Lindsay was at class, so I was covering for her clients. And anything that could go wrong, did, so I spent the whole day redoing files, sending emails and trying not to look incompetent, since I was unfamiliar with every project I was dealing with.

After Lindsay got back we got some sushi at Fuji Ya. It was the first time I sat at the sushi bar after all these years. It was good fun. Afterward we went home and we baked a giant cookie for Ryan... I went to Domino's and got an empty box, and we decorated the cookie to look like a pizza. Because Ryan loves hanging and eating Domino's (he only likes the one a couple blocks from our house).

It was a risk, a big deviation from our normal Hamburger Cake, but it was a success.

goodbye ryan_01

goodbye ryan_02

goodbye ryan_03

goodbye ryan_04

Ryan's party was on Friday. It started at 2, but before that I had to clean, mow the lawn, get the grill and patio furniture ready... I did all that and was getting out of the shower when the first people showed up. It was a smaller bbq, but fun. We made a gift bag of Ryan-y things to give everyone, and we ate a ton of hamburgers and hot dogs. For the early BBQ action it was just Ryan, Chris C, Jessie, Lindsay, Adam and myself, but that was nice.

goodbye ryan_25

goodbye ryan_26

goodbye ryan_27

We broke out the massive cookie and everyone got sick to their tummies from sweetness overload. (all these pictures are roughly the same, but whatever. I just want to see Ryan's beautiful face one last time.)

goodbye ryan_05

goodbye ryan_06

goodbye ryan_07

goodbye ryan_08

goodbye ryan_09

goodbye ryan_10

goodbye ryan_11

goodbye ryan_12

goodbye ryan_13

goodbye ryan_14

goodbye ryan_15

goodbye ryan_17

Once everyone's sugar coma was in full effect, we moved inside. Chris Crammer ran back to his place to grab some controllers, so Ryan and I had a mini Street Fighter Tournament in the meantime, for old times sake. He won. Good riddance.

We played some 4 player Bomberman when Crammer got back. I love Bomberman. It was in college, I would play Bomberman a lot. But you need at least 3 or 4 people to have a good time, which means it rarely happens these days. But after that night, I think I'll try to make it happen more.

Then we moved on to Boom Blox, another criminally overlooked, totally awesome multiplayer game. Even better than Bomberman, in fact, because the girls got wat into it too. By this time Mary and Sara had joined us. Jared showed up soon after, as well.

We moved onto Rockband and played for a long, long time. Even longer than usual, I think, although I only got to play a handful of times because I had started the grill back up and was cooking up round 2 of meaty treats.

goodbye ryan_18

goodbye ryan_19

goodbye ryan_20

goodbye ryan_21

goodbye ryan_22

goodbye ryan_23

goodbye ryan_24

Everyone trickled out, until around 3 am and it was just me, Lindsay and Ryan. We kind of sat around talking about nothing. I could tell no one really wanted to say goodbye, but finally Ryan took off for the night. There was a sad, long hug, even though we'll see Ryan again on Thursday, right before he leaves for good.

goodbye ryan_16

What a bastard.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Ryan's head is enormous. Or you made it bigger in photoshop, I can't tell.

You can tell him I said that.

Chris Hajny said...

No photoshop. Pure Mickey Luv.