I had a huge meeting on Friday to review everything I've done for the line I'm working on. It was all the ornaments, which is the biggest piece of the line, so it was good to get it all laid out and make some final decisions.
After work on Friday we ended up going out to Chino Latino with Adam. Bryan was supposed to come too, but never showed. What a jerkface. Well, actually he didn't know if he would be able to make it, so I guess he's refreshingly honest.
I went home and beat God of War 3. It was good. But compared to my memories of God of War 1 and 2, not spectacular. I felt like I traveled vast distances and did great things in God of War 2, and for some reason God of War 3 felt more like an amusement park ride. It seemed epic, sometimes, but in a small way. Like in a movie when you see a mountain side explode, but when a boulder bounces off an extra, you can tell it's Styrofoam...
Saturday was all about painting. Not oil painting, silly. Cabinet painting. Chris C, Jessie and Adam all pitched in. We started by heading to Chris and Rob's for some pre-painting hot dogs. I had my doubts about whether a delicious Chicago Dog would be enough to lure someone into manual labor for en entire day, but it was!
Then we went and put a first coat across everything. Then we waited a bit and walked to the coffee house a few blocks away. We did a second coat, and by then it was already 8 or 9. There's a lot of cabinets! See?


Since everyone worked without complaining for somewhere around 7 hours, we took everyone out to Gandhi Mahal.
Sunday was more of the same. Except this time it was just Lindsay and myself. But we finished up everything we could. It took all day, minus a break for pumpin' some iron. Sucky.
We got some Domino's once it got late. It sucks not having a kitchen. Oh by the way, here's what it looks like now:


Nice huh? Much neater. Where did all of disgusting remnants of the old kitchen go? Hmmm. I wonder...



1 comment:
There is something quite appealing about freshly tapped drywall.
Post a Comment