We went over to Noodles to grab some food and when we got back I ran out to the garage to move cabinets. We were expecting four appliances to be delivered so I had to make room. While I was out there, our fancy-schmancy Italian floor tile showed up. It was stacked in boxes on a pallet, which the dude couldn't get up the steep gravel driveway. So he left them on the pallet in the alley. There was something like 700 pounds of tile and I moved all the boxes into the garage by hand. Lindsay supervised because the boxes were too heavy.
The giant sack of construction garage had been hauled away the previous day, so I moved all the crap that didn't fit the first time into the back. Right as I finished that, the Best Buy truck showed up so we unloaded the appliances into the garage.
By then the crew started to arrive and set up. I realized that the fridge was not correct, and called Best Buy to explain the problem, which I thought was simple. But it was not. Long story short, we might not have our fridge in time to finish this show...
Then we got started. We hung cabinets, made a 'cubby' for the fridge to fit into, cut some cabinet doors to make way for glass fronts, and laid some tile. A fair bit of wort was involved, but mainly it was a bunch of standing around.
It did go right up until 6:30, which is when the crew HAS to leave. So they left. We did a lot, but I think the progress shots are less spectacular today. Maybe it's because we did each project 1/2 way and left the rest for the contractor to finish up, so nothing looks very final.
But here it is anyway:



After that we picked up the dogs and Oliver and grabbed some Roat Osha. I played a bunch of Battlefield with the Team QT!. We won, mostly.
Lindsay crashed at 10 or 11, but I stayed around and talked to Ryan a bit while I chilled out with some Diner Dash. I took the dogs out and ran around cleaning the house up a bit before bed, but then decided to pop Metro 2033 in. I'm enjoying it, although life's been so crazy I haven't had much of a chance to play it. I feel like I'm not getting the full, atmospheric experience because I've played it for like 1/2 hour once every week or two...
But last night I got really into it. I didn't want to quit, but it was getting late. Hopefully I'll get another chance to dig in soon. Although I have a feeling that might not happen for a few weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment