Tuesday, August 4, 2009

North Shore.

This weekend Lindsay and I headed North to Sara W's (now Sara O, I guess) wedding.

NorthShore018.jpg
Lutsen's Lodge. We stayed in a condo you can't see. It's up a hill...

We left Friday morning at 10:30. It's a 5 hour drive, roughly. The wedding started at 5 pm, so we wanted to leave ourselves some breathing room...

Unfortunately, there was highway construction within the first hour which slowed us down. A lot. We got to Lutsen's Resort at about 4:40. Luckily, both our room and the wedding were there, so we ran to the checkout, ran to the room to change and ran to the wedding.

NorthShore006.jpg
Lindsay on the beach after the ceremony.

NorthShore007.jpg
Me too.

NorthShore008.jpg
It was a gay old time.

NorthShore005.jpg
Passing time, waiting for to dance.

NorthShore009.jpg
Lindsay prepares to Bust a Move.

The wedding was right on the North Shore of Lake Superior. It was nice. We were pretty much the only people in our age range who decided to make the trek, and the only one's from the Minneapolis area, so Lindsay and I kind of kept to ourselves.

After the wedding ceremony there was appetizers and drinks for a while. It started pouring rain for about 5 minutes. All the guests were dry and safe under a tent, but Sara was having pictures taken on the beach and got a little damp.

Lindsay and I took the time to explore the lodge, since we hadn't seen anything of it yet. They had ping pong.

Eventually dinner started, followed by dancing. And we busted several moves. We had the floor to ourselves a fair amount of the time.

The younger crowd was too macho or whatever (think Larry the Cable Guy) to cut a rug. Most of the dudes there were real manly hunting men. The kind who never take off their cammo baseball hat... even if they're in the wedding party...

The kind of guys who can be jerks and might be threatened by anything slightly different. At one point a young woman (one of their girlfriends) came up to me and handed me a couple bucks, saying it was from the dudes by the bar. I looked over, and as I did, she pat my crotch.

The whole group of guys laughed uproariously. I was annoyed but ultimately didn't really care and shrugged it off, but Lindsay wasn't too happy. For a while she was pretty... irritated. Eventually we were back to tearing up the dance floor after I convinced her that they were just threatened by my fun-loving, flamboyant, non-self conscience dancing and were jealous they couldn't just let go of their inhibitions and have a good time, despite their copious amounts of alcohol.

By the time we left, I was drenched in sweat. After the wedding, we tried out our room's huge Jacuzzi, but since our body heat was already at an all-time high from dancing, it just kept our temperature way too high. It took a long time to cool off.

NorthShore002.jpg
Sunday morning on a bridge.

NorthShore001.jpg
Lake Superior and spiky hair.

On Sunday we woke up a little late. We got some food at the Lodge's pub, and then went Kayaking. We were supposed to go on Lake Superior, but the wind was too high and the water was too choppy, so we drove to another lake.

We went with a guide and a group of 8. We used tandem Kayaks, so Lindsay and I got to work together and actually be able to talk and enjoy the trip together. It was fun.

NorthShore004.jpg
On the trail from the Condo to the Lodge.

NorthShore003.jpg
Again.

When we got back, Lindsay was really tired and wanted to take a nap. But I forced her to go Golfing.

NorthShore026.jpg
Hi, Golfers.

NorthShore040.jpg
That Golf Course is pretty high up there...

NorthShore036.jpg
That's Lindsay's Tea. I'm not really drinking it because tea tastes like dirt.

Once we were out, she was awake again. They had a real Golf course and a Par 3, so we did the Par 3, naturally. Lindsay had never actually played Golf, just practiced at the driving range, so I think a Par 3 course was a perfect fit. She did really well, and he had a good time.

NorthShore039.jpg
Four! I mean, Fore!

NorthShore037.jpg
Feel the Power.

NorthShore034.jpg
Who's that? Tiger Palmer?

NorthShore035.jpg
Who's that? Arnold Woods?

NorthShore033.jpg
Feel the excitement.

NorthShore031.jpg
Can love bloom on the Battlefield Golf Course? Uh huh.

NorthShore032.jpg
How does this make that little ball fly so far?

After that we messed around on the beach climbing rocks and taking photos until it got dark and started to sprinkle a little.

NorthShore028.jpg
Bright and Sunny.

NorthShore027.jpg
Love that North Shore.

NorthShore021.jpg
Rock out on the Rocks.

NorthShore016.jpg
Own it.

NorthShore023.jpg
The Incredible Hulk...

NorthShore012.jpg
Look behind that rock! It's a person in a yellow sweater!

NorthShore014.jpg
A fern.

NorthShore025.jpg
Beach party.

NorthShore010.jpg
Look closely. I'm in there.

NorthShore020.jpg
It's cold out there on the rocks.

NorthShore013.jpg
Master of the Lake.

NorthShore019.jpg
I am running out of things to say...

NorthShore017.jpg
Lindsay found a feather. Later I lost it...

NorthShore015.jpg
Perched.

NorthShore024.jpg
Did I step in something? Jellyfish? Moose poo?

NorthShore011.jpg
Sexy waves.

NorthShore022.jpg
Sea Monster.

For dinner we went a few miles down the road and found a Pizza/bakery place and got dinner and dessert. By that point we were pretty wiped, so we went back to our condo and played some World of Warcraft. We were ruffing it.

We left town on Monday. We were out by 10:30, and back in Minneapolis at around 4:30. There was construction again...

We went out with Chris C and Ryan to work at the Tea Garden, went to Roat Osha for dinner, and by the time it was Midnight, I couldn't stand to be awake anymore...

NorthShore030.jpg
Flowers!

NorthShore029.jpg
Bugs!

The end.

No comments: