Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekends should be more fun.

Some of this weekend was OK. Most of it kind of sucked...

Saturday we woke up late for Twink's vet appointment, so we had to fly out of the house instantly. Which means I was tired, unshowered and had to go to the bathroom. And I had a headache.

Afterwards, I dropped Lindsay off at the studio and took Twink home. I went running, worked out, and I organized our kitchen. Gifts are starting to come in for the wedding, and I've gotta make room...

My brother called and wanted to play Call of Duty 4. So he, myself, Jesse, Ryan and CJ all got online and tore it up. Well, not really. We got our asses handed to us. In Team Deathmatch, at least, so we tried our hand at Headquarters which went much better.

I think the COD4 crowd is just too good these days to ease someone into the game with Deathmatch. When the purpose is just to get the most kills, they vets have every nook and cranny down pat, every perk tweaked just right and every map memorized from the common checkpoints down to the dirtiest shortcuts. It's no fun.

But HQ mode is more of a fair fight, since people are more concerned with moving and sticking to the objective than camping in the most obscure corner. Together we held our own, and the comments went from "this is hard" and "eff these guys" to rowdy laughter and screams of victory and defeat. it was a blast. For me, at least...

That night I met Lindsay, Adam and Chris S in Uptown for dinner. It was fun, but I was excited to get home because Batman: Arkham Asylum had shown up in the mail earlier in the day, and I've been aching to play it. So I did. And it is good.

Sunday started much like Saturday; too early. I helped unload 8 foot sections of our new 6' tall wooden fence. I was dirty, sweaty, and tired before the day even began. Our washing machine also broke, and I found out that a load of laundry had been sitting in stagnant water in the basement for a week... and it smelled TERRIBLE.

The washer is gone for good, and I hauled the soaking, stinky clothes to the Laundromat. I ran them in the industrial-sized washer 3 times (at 4 bucks a pop)... And they still kind of smell. So there's clothes draped everywhere in our house. They're dry, but we're just giving them a chance to air out a little more... Bummer.

The rest of the day was spent running errands (for cleaning products) and cleaning. Fun fun fun.

At around 7 last night we headed to the studio for a few hours. I got busy on a project, and it was going well, but Lindsay's parents came back and it was hard to work with them talking and moving around constantly. So I didn't get too much done. Shoot.

No comments: