Tuesday, August 25, 2009

100% awesome.

I just beat Shadow Complex. I beat the shit out of it. I got 100% of the items and secrets, and I unlocked the entire map.

It was awesome and I totally had a great time. Towards the end, I kind of pulled my hair our a bit searching for the last couple secrets, but considering I rarely give a crap enough to do something like that, it really says something about the game.

Exploration is the main draw of this game, much like it was with Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which this game is heavily compared to. It's just fun to explore and move around the environment. You're given a really excellent set of tools, including the hookshot, weighty triple jump, and environment changing foam, that just traversing the rooms, puzzles and world is fun.

The whole thing was so tight and so fun, I'm really, really impressed. I am sure after a bit of time I'll go back and play it again (I will probably skip on the whole 100% thing next time, though).

My iPod is acting up again. I go through iPods like some people go through Kleenex, if I get a new one it will be my 4th or 5th... But that's ok. I treat that thing like a piece of crap. I carry it with me everywhere, and use it constantly. I drop it. Daily. In the snow. In puddles. On concrete. Once off of a second story ledge...

And they usually work for nearly two years, which might not sound impressive, but I run that puppy through the wringer. Plus, I have yet to actually buy another one. Every time I bring it back, it's usually just under the two year warranty (once by a matter of days). So if I finally do have to pay for a new one, I will gladly do so.

I'm going to get it checked out at the Apple Store tonight, and they'll pass final judgment. Either way, I think I'm coming home with a new one. Which is always kind of fun, even though it's the same thing as I already had, basically.

And after that I expect to play some Call of Duty 4 with my brother. This will mark the third(?) time he's turned on his 360 since I gave him a free one a year ago (or was it two?).

In hindsight, I probably should have just kept it for the studio. Oh well.

No comments: