So Friday night Lindsay and I went shopping for party food and cleaned house a bit, but not as much as we should have. Things like Fallout 3 and WoW got in the way...
Saturday morning we spent some time really giving the place a once-over. We baked some Booby Cupcakes and got the house in order. The party was a small, laid back affair of friends, food, soda, beer, games, stupid Youtube videos, cupcakes and general nerdery. Just the way I like it.
It went pretty late, but not crazy late. The next day I went to the gym first thing in the morning. It sucked. I was obviously way more tired than I had allowed myself to believe, and I had a hard, crappy time. But I tried my best. I lifted weights a bit, but I was just so out of it that I gave up.
Weightlifting + exhaustion = injury, as I've learned from experience. So I changed it up before anything bad happened. I ran, and that was fine.
We went to the studio in the early afternoon. I had to print and prepare some art to be sent off for an benefit auction. So I spent most of my time doing that. Pain in the butt.
Chris C came over after a while, and Jessie a while after that. Adam and Sara stopped by for a while too. We had a good time, everyone just working on their own thing or hanging out.
When I finished up my project I played some WoW. I've been having a really good time with Kittenface, and I finally made it to the Outlands on Friday. So I've been running around doing quests whenever I can. The Outlands seem pretty dense, I can literally log in, spend 15 or 30 minutes doing a quest or two, and log out. Things aren't as sprawling as the main area of the game. It's super nice.

Me. In Outlands.
I've been playing a lot of Trails HD and 'Splosion Man. Which is why I was up way too late last night. Both give an okay first impression, but don't get really interesting until later when they get harder.
Trails gets really, really hard. I'm on the last level of the Hard setting, and it's kind of like bashing my head against a wall. In a good way.
'Splosion Man is supposed to be pretty tough, too, and so far there's been some tricky parts. But I haven't seen as much of the game, so I'm guessing it will ramp up fast.
The more I play, the more I like. I only picked up because I had bought 4 out of the 5 "summer of arcade" games, and if you buy all 5 you get 10 bucks free. So 'Splosion Man was free. Which is awesome, because it turns out it's one of the better titles of the group.
Bonus.


1 comment:
speaking of xbox, my new headset should be arriving tomorrow. Now you will be able to hear my silence much more clearly.
Post a Comment