Monday, August 24, 2009

I didn't go to sleep.

In my last post, I was contemplating going to bed, or playing Shadow Complex. I chose Shadow Complex. I played it for a couple hours, until almost 5 am. But man, is that game awesome. I played it whenever I got the chance this weekend, scouring the environment for secrets. I could have beat it hours ago, but I'm having too much fun. I even came to the last encounter, realized that it was going to be the end of the game, and re-loaded my last save so I could keep exploring. I have like 96% of the secrets and 97% of the map open, so I'm really close...

On Saturday we went to the mall. Wee. We had to get our wedding rings resized and return Lindsay's dress she originally bought for the wedding (which has since been replaced). Adam came along, so we mainly talked about Shadow Complex, and how I was super far and he was stuck on in one room forever.

We weren't at the mall for long, but I stopped by Gamestop and grabbed Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for 10 bucks. I've always been curious about the series, and how could I say no at that price?

When we got home, Lindsay took a little nap. I took the opportunity to try out GRAW 2, and I'm very pleased. I love stealthy, tactical squad-based shooters, and that's exactly what this is.

On Sunday we started the day with a long walk with the dogs. We walked down to where Lake Street meets the Mississippi River. On the way back we walked through a private High School's campus. They had a fenced in football field, so we took the opportunity to let the dogs off the leash. At first they were super excited, but they ran out of steam quickly. I decided to run laps and make them chase me, to get them really worn out. At first they thought it was a blast, but they started to lag further and further behind… lazy dogs.

When we left, they were panting and worn out. We still had about a mile until we were home, and it was just too much for Twink. As we were walking, he was getting slower and slower and getting closer and closer to the ground. Finally, he moved onto the grass and collapsed. We were worried at first, but he was just really tired out. Lindsay gave him some iced tea, and I carried him the rest of the way home. Poor little guy. By the time we were home, he was perky and awake.

We spent the rest of the day at the studio. I worked on some cats, posted this sketch, and played some WoW.

Adam came down from his place, and we ran to grab some take-out BBQ. It was awesome. And I never want it again.

We didn't leave the studio until about 10:30 or so, and I stayed up way too late playing Shadow Complex and GRAW2. I should have gone to bed… I say that every day.

No comments: