My boss is in China, and left a huge pile of work to get through. Fortunately, we've been flying through it, and I was sitting in a pretty good place by the end of Thursday, so I took Friday off.
I spent all day cleaning. Eventually Ryan came over. We played BlazBlue, Marvel VS Capcom 2, and a little bit of Street Fighter 4 until Chris C got here. We all went out to 112 Eatery and ate the shit out of some awesome food. When we went home at 11 or so, we called up Adam who came over and we all rocked out in Rock Band, played some Wii Sports Resort, and finished up with a little more MVC 2.
Saturday Lindsay and I met up wit Ryan and Adam at the studio and we worked on stuff for a few hours. We took a break and braved the Uptown Art Fair to get some food at Lucia's, and then we walked to First Tech to get some ink for our printers. It was so effin' hot and muggy. Combined with the general god-awfulness of the Art Fair, and it was unbearable...
But I made something cute. Adam, Lindsay and myself went to Herkimer's to get some food. Herkimer is a bar, and I guess we didn't realize how much of a "real bar" it was until we were there... Considering none of us drink, and drunk people make us feel uneasy (due to their unpredictable and loud behavior), it probably wasn't the place to go...
While we were at diner, I got a call from Lindsay's niece and nephews. I had sent them a free month of Xbox LIVE, and they finally hooked it up. They wanted me to play Halo 3. Right now.
I told them they'd have to wait an hour or so. By the time we got home (about an hour later), they had called 2 more times... I did help them get online and set up, and we played Gears of War 2's Horde Mode instead. It was a good choice.
There's 3 boys and 1 girl, plus their dad (Lindsay's brother) so they passed around the controller, each playing until they die. It was a little much for me, and exhausting to constantly be talking to a different pre-teen, but it was fun. The kill count usually ended up being around 15-20 kills for me, 3-7 for them...
Today my parents came up. They wanted to talk about the wedding, see the place, check out hotels, and just reassure us that things we be normal between then two of them, despite the divorce. And it was normal. Oddly so.
We drove all over looking at the studio and all the important locations. They only stayed for about 4 hours, but it was an exhausting 4 hours...
Once they left, Lindsay fell asleep, and I played a level in Psychonauts. I'm going to beat that before Brutal Legend comes out this October (or at least get to the infamously hard Meat Circus level...) and I'm damn close now. I just wrapped up Waterloo World, and if my sources are correct, that means I just have 2 or 3 levels to go...
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I started to re-play psychonauts this week. I love that game. I'm up to the Lung-fish-opolis stage. Good times.
Post a Comment