Monday, March 22, 2010

Day in Madison.

I went to Madison this weekend. I'm always meaning to go back but never do, and it was my brother's 30th birthday, so I decided to make the trip while there was something to do.

madison 1
lookit that baby.

I drove down Friday night and arrived pretty late. I stayed up with my mom until 2:30, then played World of Warcraft with Lindsay (who was still in Minneapolis) until 4.

madison 2
unimpressed.

The next day I went to brunch with everyone, went shopping with my mom, sister and niece. I went to the dog park with my brother and watched Zombieland at my bro's house. We went out to celebrate his birthday at a vegetarian place called the Green Owl, then went to a bar next door to hang, or do whatever it is people do at bars...

madison 3
meeting of the minds.

From what I observed, not a lot. Drink, eat and talk I guess. But I don't drink, I just ate, and my voice doesn't carry in loud environments, so I just had a lot of people saying "what?!?" whenever I opened my mouth.

There was some music, a live dub/reggae band or something. I don't particularly care for that type of music, but hey, I work with what I'm given. I started to dance a bit, then tried to get some people to go out and dance in the main area. No one was interested. But after a while I noticed a couple girls from our group (whom I had never met) on the dance floor. So I went down and busted a slight move. I was having fun for a while, but the music was just too repetitive, and eventually I just took off. I was so freakin' tired it hurt.

madison 5
picking up new babies at the store.

I stopped by my dad's place on the way out of town. I had wanted to be on the road by 11, but didn't leave his place until noon. On the way home I was really tired, and I somehow ened up getting off track, and it took me 6 1/2 hours instead of the usual 4. I was very, very angry. But it felt good to be home.

madison 4
probably the most flattering picture of all time. for everyone involved.

No comments: