Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bad Luck and Bad Company.

The other day I found out that my credit card info had been comprimised. Someone has been making regular purchases online for the past 2 weeks, and by the time I caught on, I was out 2,000 dollars. Gah.

So I've been running around dealing with that. I just got that freakin' card and switched all my bills over to it... So now I've got to do that again. It was my check card, so all that money came straight out of my bank account...

Stupid. Bull. Shit.

This weekend I wrapped up Darksiders. I was about 1 hour from the end when I put it down, thanks to Battlefield Bad Company 2, I think... I really like Darksiders quite a bit. I can't even think of an action adventure game I really liked more. Maybe God of War 2? Hmmm? It's been a long, long time, that's for sure (I thought maybe Uncharted 1 and 2, but then decided that those are 3rd person shooters). It's a real old school, Zelda like adventure game, except I liked it quite a bit more than I've ever liked any Zelda game. Sue me.

I've been playing a ton of Battlefield Bad Company 2. So, so, so awesome. Probably my favorite multiplayer shooter. I like Call of Duty and Halo a ton, and MAG, Rainbow Six, Gears of War and Flashpoint are all great too, but I think I'm a Battlfield guy, when it comes right down to it. I love the size and scope, the destruction and the classes. Chris C has been right there with me, tearing up fools.

Every day we would both send Ryan a message or talk to him, telling him he needs to get on that shit. He resisted, mainly because he was trying to plow through Mass Effect 2, but the other night we were working at the Tea Garden and I FINALLY wore him down. I took him over to the local game store and we went back to his house. He played while I sent off some files.

The whole way back to his house he was like "This better be good. I don't know why I bought this. You suckered me." He partied up with Chris C, jumped into the fray, and within 15 minutes he was shouting, planning, and laughing, having a blast. I knew it. What a freakin' baby.

But now we roll three deep as clan QT. But Chris C suggested we crush some peens, so we might switch out tag to PC. Peen Crushers.

I also found this little gem on Xbox Indies. It's like an adventure game with some Tower Defense elements. I don't like Tower Defense, but this is pretty far from it. It's basically just a long lost great NES game.



I've only played it for about 15 minutes, but it was doing a lot of smart, smart think and I really liked it. It's rare that it happens, but it's exactly the kind of thing that keeps me checking the Indies section of XBL on a daily basis.

No comments: