Wednesday, March 17, 2010
The cost of love.
Happy St Patrick's Day. Truth be told, I'm not really a fan. I'm not Irish, I'm not a huge fan of green, and I don't drink. I hate drunk people in public, and drunk drivers are pretty much my #1 pet peeve/nightmare in a major way. If you drive drunk, ever, than fuck you. Seriously.
But I do like the song in that cartoon.
I'm not feelin' so hot today. Which is sad because I felt great on Monday and Tuesday. Unusually great, almost. I think the nice weather gave me a lot of extra energy.
But today... not so much. I fought off the urge to vomit for a couple hours at work. That was the most miserable part of the day, and I feel better. But even now I feel just well enough to not feel like vomiting. Hmmm.
I'm still trying to decide it I should go to the gym. I've been looking forward to it since yesterday. But I think it might not take much to push me over into 'I want to die' territory. So I probably won't.
Last night I didn't get to go. It was the last night of house/cat sitting for some out of town friends. So I went straight there after leaving work kind of late. Then I went out to Pizza Luce with Lindsay before heading straight home to get some work done...
I had to send off the final artwork for a t-shirt design. I might wait for the final product to hit before posting anything about it on my blog, though. Unfortunately I spent a long time picking Pantone colors and getting everything final-final, so by the time I finished it was after 11:00. Too late to meet up with Team QT in Battlefield Bad Company 2.
Well, maybe it wasn't really too late, I didn't even check to see if they were online. Lindsay wanted to play some World of Warcraft, so I did that instead. We played a bit on Sunday, but before that we haven't played in months. The time off has really made it fresh and fun again. Not that it was UNfun, but it was certainly getting a little more stale when we last played.
I play it huge spurts. On for a couple weeks, off for months. But getting back into it is always nice. We've played it on and off long enough that it kind of feels like home. You can always go back and check in to see how the gang is doing.
Last night was especially momentous because after just 20 minutes of playing, we both hit level 60. This is Lindsay's first level 60 character too, so that's cool. And I guess to be fair, the only character I've ever got above 60 before was my Deathknight (who starts at level 55).
The first thing we did after hitting 60 was run over to the Flying Mount Vendor. It costs roughly 260 gold to be able to use a Flying Mount. 210 to train, 50 for the mount itself. Lindsay only had 150 gold to her name and it would take a LONG time for her to make that kind of cash, since she didn't keep up much with her professions. So I gave her the gold she was missing, and she picked out a Black Griffin. I think it's a Griffin.
But that left me 15 gold short for my own. Oh well. I guess that's true love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment