Sunday, March 14, 2010

Business and Food.

I seemed to have resolved my credit card issues, but I'm still going to have to go through and change all my automated services. And I have a lot. What a drag.

This weekend I found out on of my favorite restaurants, Pop! (although maybe they're slightly less awesome now that I've seen their website...), has opened a new location in downtown St Paul. The North Minneapolis location is kind of out of the way for us, and had very strange hours. We'd always seem to show up just after they closed. Plus they have very limited seating, so even if they were open we weren't guaranteed a seat. The St Paul location, although not exactly close, is slightly more convenient, and it is huge with tons of tables. Maybe it was too big, actually. A lot of the charm was lost, but the food was just as good as ever. Sweet.

We happened upon this new Pop! location because we were already downtown at the James J. Hill Business Library, combing a database of manufactures around the metro area who might need our services. It's a funny place. It's connected to the St. Paul Library, and it's a big, impressive and stately place. But the people there were mostly quite... strange.

We also stopped by United Noodles, a very impressive Asian Grocery that has pretty much anything you'd need if you were doing some Asian cooking. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai... pretty much anything in that general area. Lindsay went nuts and bought tons of stuff. She just got a Japanese cook book and is pretty excited to try everything out.

We hung out with Ryan at Little T's very late that night. Late enough that the Daylight Savings switch was confusing the restaurant's employees. Were they closed? Were they open? Who knows? All I know is I wanted some damn nachos. And I got them. And they were awesome.

I've started playing through Bioshock 2. I'm a bit torn about it, though. It's good. It's fun, it's pretty, it's interesting. Rapture is a cool place to explore, and there's a lot of new, cool stuff to see and do. When I play, I'm having a good time. But when I'm not playing, I don't feel the urge to go back. I'm kind of like "oh yeah. I should play more Bioshock 2."

Maybe the problem is that no matter how great Bioshock 2 might be, it's not Battlefield Bad Company 2. Which I'm ALWAYS down for. Ryan, Chris C and I have been a crew to be reckoned with, which has been a blast. But the icing on the cake was that Jesse picked it up, as well. Now we can roll 4 deep, as a squad ought to.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

And I have about as much skill as frosting.