Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thrilling Conclusion.

I realize I never concluded my amazing story about a non-functioning receiver. Maybe it was so boring that I fell into a coma until now.

Here's the end of that tale: it came. It works. It's bad ass.

I actually went home straight after work on Friday to hook it up. It took a bit of time to set up everything but I finished up and had to try something out. What is loud and bombastic and awesome? How about the Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo?

That game is intense. I thought it was crazy when I could feel the helicopters going overhead and rockets exploding near me. Then I got killed with a direct hit from a tank. The walls shook. Twink jumped off my lap and ran straight out the door. It's awesome.

We went out to grab a couple wires to finish off the set-up, and had diner with Adam and Ghandi Mahal. Mmmmm...

We spent most of the night and Saturday cleaning. And on Sunday we went Condo shopping. We saw one that was amazing, two that were pretty good, and two that were awful. Not bad.

I felt really sick the whole time. Aside from my sore throat, coughing and sneezing, I felt really nauseous. Like, I didn't tell our Realtor because I thought he might not allow me in his car. But I managed.

Monday I was still feeling sick, so on my way home from work I picked up M.A.G. so I could just veg out to that while Lindsay was at class. I got a sweet deal on Amazon, but it wasn't coming until Tuesday and I was jonesing to give it a shot that night. So I grabbed it from Target, played it, and returned the Amazon one to Target a couple days later. Silly? Maybe. But I gave back exactly what I got, so no harm done.

MAG is fun. I like it quite a bit. I haven't even leveled up enough to get into the full 256 person matches, but I think it's pretty great so far. It's not as smooth, gorgeous and tight as Modern Warfare 2 or anything, but hey, it's got a lot going for it in other areas.

Went looking at round two of condos Tuesday night. We found two great ones, that trumped the previous winners. We'll be looking more, but we might be seriously close to making an offer.

I can't decide which is better, but either one would be great. That's all that matters, I guess.

No comments: