I got an email this weekend urging me to submit something to the Foot in the Door 4 show at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. It's a huge show they do every ten years, where tons of Minnesota-based artists show work.
I thought it would be a good idea, even though I found out a the last minute. So I put something together this morning and finally went to drop it off at 4:00. The submission deadline was 4:30...
We got there and there were signs up saying they were done taking submissions. Apparently there was a 3 hour line inside, and they had to have everyone through and out by 5:00. Shoot.
But we went into ask anyway. There were other people with the same idea, all carrying art and had a sad look on their faces. But right as we were about to leave, a set of curators set up shop in the entrance and started taking the submissions. Down and dirty.
We got in the line about 10 deep, but within 15 minutes the line was more than 100 people strong. Right before we got up to the curators, they announced no one else could get in line. By now the wait must have been an hour long for anything in the back, at least.
It sucked, but Lindsay and are both in. So huzzah!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment