Monday, February 22, 2010

Random Musical Impulse.

I felt like we were constantly on the move and productive on Saturday. Sunday, not so much.

We did clean some more, and we wanted to make some Waffles but were out of pretty much all of the ingredients. Lindsay has also been fooling around with her guitar lately, and decided she wanted a Viola. So we went out in search of waffles and a Viola.

banjo
rockstar.

What we got was a Banjo, a Jug and some Punch pizza. Missions accomplished? Maybe not technically, but I'd say yes, it was. We spent most of the day having a jamboree, sleeping, cleaning and playing games.

twink on the jug
twink's got some pipes.

atari on the jug
atari wishes there was some moonshine in here...

Since I'm finished Mass Effect 2, then returned to it again and finished the crap out of it, I've been kind of bouncing around thinking about what to play. I've got a stack of games sitting there, pretty much untouched. From old stuff like Bionic Commando to brand new stuff like Bioshock 2.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Heavy Rain, which is totally heavy on the story/drama, so I don't want to get too invested into something that is hugely narrative, like Bioshock 2.

I've still playing MAG but it's a multiplayer game so it's a little intense when I just want to chill. I finally decided on Darksiders. And so far I'd say it's a great choice.

I was turned off by the art style at first, but that sort of melted away after the first hour or so. Technically speaking, the graphics are pretty good. It's a good looking game. Environments are big, colorful, and varied. The animations are weighty and satisfying. It's just the character design that... hmmm... looks like it was made for a 13 year old boy who loves World of Warcraft and Spawn?

But the game is pretty great. The fighting is fun, the exploration is open but not too vast, the environmental puzzles are just about right, pretty easy, but every so often you do have to put a little thought in. I like it a lot. Lindsay thinks it's pretty much the dumbest thing ever, though.

I switched over to Mario towards the end of the night, which I'm glad I bought. Playing that with Lindsay easily makes it a great game. Even if the greatness really just comes from the fact that we can play together.

fish on the jug
fish gets in on the action!

oh no far
look close.

oh no
zoom. this one is for jesse.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

that's the scariest twink I ever did see.