Saturday, February 20, 2010

I hope this is it...

Yesterday I left work and headed to meet our Realtor. We looked at a couple properties, one which seemed pretty much perfect, another that was... not.

We left pretty excited, almost certain we would put an offer down. Score.

We headed over Chris S' for a video game/taco party. There was about 8 people, and we all played Halo (the original) and New Super Mario Bros for the Wii. Both were actually a blast. Halo slightly less so, because Chris And Chris were old-school masters, and myself and Joe had never played Halo multiplayer (the original, that is, I've played plenty of Halo 3 and ODST).

New Super Mario was a ton of fun with 4 players. I knew it would be hard, so I went in with the plan of being the jerk, before anyone could out-jerk me. Needless to say, between both games there was plenty of shouting.

And tacos.

We came home and I wrapped up Mass Effect 2. It's true, I had beaten it a couple weeks ago, but now I've got through and explored every planet, did every sidequest, and found pretty much everything there is to find. I'm sitting t about level 28, so I could probably start a New Game+ and hit 30 in no time. But I think I'll just wait for some worth DLC... what ever happened to those promised Hammerhead missions, anyway?

Today we continued cleaning the crap out of everything. It's probably the cleanest it's been (in certain areas) since we moved in 5 or 6 years ago...

We got some lunch, changed in 100 dollars in spare change that had been sitting around, and dropped boxes and boxes of crap off at MCAD. And when I say 'crap', I mean 'the best crap the free shelf has ever seen'. There was some awesome stuff that I kind of feel bad for giving away, but hey, space is at a premium these days...

We met up with our Realtor and saw a couple more properties. We got the bad news that the place we wanted was a Short Sale, which basically means it's selling for less than what the bank is still owed, so there's more of an auction quality to it. They aren't under obligation to take one offer at a time, and they also have no motivation to make it quick. It would be 2-4 months before we would even FIND OUT if they would accept our offer. And then another 2 months to close. We don't really have that time...

But that's ok, because we found an AMAZING place that makes all the other's look like vomit from an ugly monster... Maybe that's over doing it, but we were sold instantly. And this one is a regular sale, so we need to find out a few more details, but if they all pan out, I think it's ours... And I'm pretty excited.

We went shopping for food, air purifiers and vacuums. We also went to pick up a package from Fed Ex. Which was a slightly tardy wedding gift from a friend. Which was a couple paintings he did just for us, and they're amazing. Hopefully he'll post some high quality version of it somewhere on the internet and then I'll link to it. Because it's totally awesome...