Well, it seems as though we didn't get the property we were hoping for. Apparently, someone made an offer 2 weeks ago. Which means we've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs for no reason.
I don't know why nobody told us sooner, although I've pieced together the basic gist and the whole thing kind of stinks. The buyers left town immediately after making an offer and haven't been heard from since.
The people selling it seem like they have doubts about whether or not the buyers will actually follow through, so they're still showing it, but kind of on the down low. At least, that's the impression I get. So there's hope that we could still get in, depending on how all of this pans out.
Until then, the search is back on in full effect. We've already lined up another 3 places to look at, once seems amazingly promising.
Chris C came by last night. We got some pizza and played some MAG. Lindsay came home and read some Tarot cards. I played a tiny bit of Demon's Souls, but it was too hard, and I was too distracted by the fortune telling that was happening next to me, to get anywhere. Atlus is running an event in Demon's Souls for Valentine's: the first 1/2 of the week changed the World Tendency to White, the second 1/2 it gets changed to Black...
For those not in the know, White World Tendency makes things easier, and opens up events, characters, locations that are otherwise inaccessible. The drops are worse, and the souls (or XP) collected are less. You can probably figure out what a Black World Tendency is. World Tendency is something I've yet to wrap my head around, my world is normally right in the middle, and I'm not sure how, or if I even want to, manipulate it. Maybe someday I'll actually take a long hard look at the Demon's Souls Wiki. World Tendency is a strange, complicated beast. Just like Demon's Souls in general. .
So I played The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, the new Xbox LIVE Arcade game made by The Odd Gentlemen, instead. It's a mind bending platformer, similar to Braid. It plays with time and brain-busting puzzles, it's got a great art style, and awesome music. But Winterbottom takes itself WAY less seriously than Braid. And that's a good thing. Basically, you're out to ruin time and reality itself for the sake of nabbin' some pie. At least, so far that's what it seems.
It's a cool little game. I played the first set of levels and really enjoyed it. There's a healthy mix of stumping your brain, then coming upon the solution, but actually needed the skill to pull it off. It's not hard, but you better be sure you solution if pretty air-tight unless you want a lot of trial and error and repetition.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That winterbottom is no Feed the Fat Bird, but I may have to give it a whirl anyway.
Post a Comment