Holy crap! Tonight was crazy!
Well, one part of tonight was crazy. Lindsay and I were sitting on the couch together. I was quietly playing a strategy RPG, she was studying up on Tarot Card reading, and we heard a light "pop" come from the kitchen. We figured a cat might have knocked something over, but that's common.
Lindsay got up to check, and a second later shouted "Oh no!" Usually that means someone puked, got stuck, broke something or made a mess. I got up because the next words out of Lindsay's mouth are usually "come help!"
I was into the kitchen before Lindsay could say anything else, and I turned the corner right as she shouted "fire!"
And there was a fire, right on top of the kitchen stove. And it was pretty big. I guess Lindsay had a pot of tea and it was too close to the rice cooker, which was plugged in. Something happened, and the rice cooker went up in flames. I could see the plastic front rapidly melting all over the stove, which instantly reminded me of the face-melting scene from Indiana Jones, and the fire spread really quickly.
Lindsay grabbed a fire extinguisher and handed it to me. I looked at it confused, because I'd never really thought about how to actually use it. I realized it MUST be super easy, so I just did what seemed like it made sense. I pulled a red pin, then hit the top.
Bam. Fire out. I grabbed the melting rice cooker and threw it out into the snow, and we opened the doors and windows to get rid of the smoke, as well as the fire extinguisher and burning plastic smells. Too late avoid the smoke alarm. It started blaring, pets started freaking out, and it was a mess all around.
We spent the next 2 hours airing out the kitchen, cleaning up the fine white power and scrubbing burn marks off appliances and dishes.
Then we went to Urban Bean and worked for a couple hours. I wrapped up some things for my brother, which was good. But I guess he's out of town, anyway, and won't be looking at them for a while. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment