Sunday, February 28, 2010

the end.

We woke up REALLY late on Saturday thanks to the impromptu party the night before. Probably 1:30 or 2 pm... I went to the gym, played some Darksiders, and then Lindsay and I went to Urban Bean to work for a bit. I finished up February's Super Awesome Art Challenge. I like it.

We left Urban Bean at about 11, and decided to go to Poncho Villa. Ryan lives like 4 blocks away, so we invited him along. The place was packed, for being so small and I didn't really think anyone went there. Consider me corrected...

On Sunday I really wanted to get out earlier and work on stuff at a coffee house... we went to the St Paul Tea Garden but it was packed. I absolutely hate it when that happens. We found some strange coffee house with super strict internet usage policies instead, and remained slightly annoyed. Whatever, though. I decided my Boxing Bunny needed shoes so I redid that part of the illustration. Eventually, the limited internet expired and we came home.

I pretty much wrapped up Darksiders, kind of. I'm right before the final boss, where there's a large, world-spanning fetch quest. I'm going to do it, but I might mop up any exploring / secret searching I might want to do before the game ends.

I tried to play Heavy Rain, but the Playstation Network went down for about 24 hours due to some sort of calendar malfunction. The internet slightly reacted, calling it the ApocalyPS3... but it was only a slight over reaction. In reality, it is totally unnerving to know that if the PSN goes down for some reason, everyone is unable to play a single player game like Heavy Rain...

It really makes me question what happens in the future. I am well aware of multiplayer servers being shut down. I know someday I won't be able to play multiplayer only games like Battlefield 1943 or Warhawk ever again. But is it to the point where I can't go back and play single player game 5 years from now? 10 years from now?

That's a scary thought. Some people are very forward thinking, always looking for he newest thing. But I like to pop in something older every now and then. And it scares me to think that, just like that, it's possible that these new classic games could just be 'shut off'.

It was an accident but I have to wonder, why was that even able to happen at all? Why couldn't I just pull out my network cable and ignore the problem? It's all a bit worrying.

But I did get super far in Darksiders thanks to the PSN outage. Much to Lindsay's chagrin...

And much to my chagrin, the outage erased all my Heavy Rain trophies, so now it looks like I magically started the game half way through. It's annoying, but no big whoop. I'd probably care if it were achievement points, though.

No comments: