Friday, June 5, 2009

Madison.

I'm heading back to Madison (or more specifically, Stoughton, but I consider it Madison) for the weekend, and I've got to say, I'm not too excited.

Recently I've had a mental turning point, I think I'm pretty much just done with Madison. I'm coming up on being 10 years removed. For 10 years I've lived in Minneapolis, and Madison is becoming a long distant memory.

I haven't kept up with most of my friends. Or all, I guess. They're all great, but we just went different ways, and I'm fine with letting some things go. I can't maintain more relationships than I currently have going, really. I just don't have the energy, patience or desire to do so.

All the spots I remember from Madison have changed, or at least lost their charm from what I remember. I never go back and say "Oh, I have to go here, or see this, or do that again!"

My parents are in a bad situation and my former house is unrecognizable, really. When I return home, it's not like home anymore.

My family is there, obviously, which is why I am going back. I want to see my brothers and sisters, my mom and dad.

But I just don't have a good time going back anymore. Part of this isn't new, I decided a long time ago that Minneapolis feels like my home. It's just now I've decided that Madison doesn't.

No comments: