The studio gets awfully dark when the sun goes down, and it's a couple desks shy of seating everyone, and Ryan needed some stuff too. They closed 15 minutes after we got there, so it was nice to have a trip to Ikea be so forcibly short.
We went back to the studio and built some lamps before heading home. Lindsay and I had all the best intentions to play World of Warcraft, but I was so tired I just went to bed instead. For shame.
Saturday I was actually able to get up at a reasonable hour. Lindsay stayed in bed, but I worked out and went running, did some laundry, and downloaded some new Killzone 2 maps (not quite the same as Call of Duty, but it'll do until my 360 comes back).
When Lindsay was finally moving, we went to Hiawatha Lake to look for some ducks. We found a few, but not as many as we hoped (we'd brought a whole loaf of bread).

Not a duck in sight.

Maybe ducks like to be under bridges? Why not?

Look, a mommy Duck and it's ba... oh, gross...

That water's so nasty I had to do a double-take.

Watch out, Lindsay! There's an OWL on your back!
After walking around the lake and exploring some off-the-beaten-path areas, we went to the big Mall.
We had an agenda, find clothes for our wedding. We've been looking every now and then, but haven't had much luck so far, but it's getting too close for comfort now, so we decided we'd go looking every weekend until we found something.
And as luck would have it, we found everything. Lindsay and I bought every piece of clothing we needed outside of shoes (which NikeID will take care of, for me...). Not only that, but we also stopped into a jewelry store to see what we need to think about for wedding rings, and walked out with two.
All this in less than an hour. Outstanding.
We cruised around a little bit more and then headed home. The mall made us so exhausted we sat down and finally watched Iron Man, which has been sitting in our house for 3 or 4 months. Netflix makes bank off of us...
We thought about going to work on stuff, or hanging out with friends, or doing something, but finally we agreed to play some World of Warcraft.
Here's two more picture that I uploaded for some reason:

Black jacket on a hot summer day. Yes.

Makes me dizzy a little bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment