There was a big presentation Tuesday, so Monday was spent rushing around a lot. The presentation was an Art Review of about 70 SKU's, and there wasn't a question or problem on any of them. That's what I like to hear.
My Xbox was delivered sometime on Tuesday, so took a little more than a week. Not bad. I've been so into WoW lately, though, that I was most excited to have my Streaming Netflix back.
Chris C stopped by to hang out, and soon after Ryan called wanting to play Rock Band. By that point, it was already getting late, but we did anyway. Probably a bad idea. Today I was soooo tired I couldn't stand it.
OMG. I came straight home and crashed for an hour just to be functional. Lindsay was at class, so I decided to go through a ton of demos I had sitting around. Simultaneously, I also "drove" both of our character in WoW to a new Zone, so we would be set to go the next time Lindsay wanted to play.
The demo's were just random Xbox Live Arcade games, Community Games (or are they Indie Games now?) and regular demos that had just piled up for a while. I was relieved to not like most of them, except two...
I tried out Sam and Max Save the World and knew I had to get it right away. I was a big fan of Sam and Max Hit the Road, an old PC point-and-click adventure, so the nostalgia alone kicked in right away...
Hit the Road
I wish the new Sam and Max was 2-D, hand drawn animation, but considering it's an Episodic series, I can totally understand how 3-D would speed up production a whole lot. I played Save the World for a bit, and I like it.
I also played the Xbox Live Arcade Magic the Gathering game. I've never played Magic, or had that much interest in getting into it. But I do like the card / board game renaissance that's been happening on Xbox Live Arcade with Carcassonne, Catan, Ticket to Ride, Uno, etc, so I figured I'd give this a shot. And I think I like it.
I didn't commit to buying it, but it seemed fun. Having the game do the work of setting up/scorekeeping/rule judging makes these types of games alot of appealing. Plus I don't need to have a second/third/fourth person around to play. It's pretty simple and seems like it could be a lot of fun. If I have some friends online playing it, I might consider it.
At one point, I noticed it was hard to concentrate on Magic the Gathering because while I was trying to pay attention to the tutorial, I was still playing WoW with my other hand. I realized right then and there that I was in a nerdy upper-echelon of the geek-universe.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment