Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oops, we did it again.

Friday I met Lindsay at the studio and we played World of Warcraft. Exciting. We eventually packed up and headed home. And played a little more WoW. We finally both hit level 50...

On Saturday we took a trip to the Animal Humane Society. I made Lindsay promise to not fall in love with any cats but she did anyway. But we didn't get anything. We went to Urban Bean and worked on stuff for a good long time. I made this for the Super Awesome Art Challenge. We were there until pretty late, so I made reservations for a late dinner at Chino Latino, and we went straight there from the coffee house. And it was awesome.

Today we went back to the Animal Humane Society. Lindsay had slept on it, and decided she loved that cat too much to not get it. She also talked our friend Andres into getting a cat, too. They're doing a buy-one-get-one special on cats for the summer, which sounds crass, but it's more to raise awareness of the huge influx of cats every summer that they just can't handle.

So we left with a new cat, but we were late to meet up for a very late lunch with Chris C, his new girlfriend and her baby. So it turned into Chris C, his new girlfriend, her baby, Lindsay, myself and a cat at Burger Jones, which is incidentally owned by the same people who own Chino Latino. It was ok. Since neither Lindsay or I eat red meat, burger places aren't usually our thing, and there was about 1 or 2 things we could eat.

We got home and got the new cat, Jade, settled in. She was abandoned in an apartment, pregnant and alone. Eventually the landlord suspected something (not getting a rent check or two, I'm guessing) and checked only to find a very skinny cat with kittens.

Jade was the name given to her by the Humane Society, and we fully intented to change it, but we couldn't decide on anything. In the meantime, we just called her Jade, and in no time it was official. It just fit more and more.

She's the most calm, relaxed and loving cat I've ever seen. You can hold her upside-down and pass her back and forth, and she doesn't squirm or even try to right herself. We moved her from her cage in the humane society to a holding cage, to the car, to the restaurant, to our house and she was never nervous, or wound up, or anything other than absolutely chill.

So without further ado, here's some pictures.

jade1.jpg
siamese mix.

jade2.jpg
very, very small.

jade3.jpg
very, very loving.

jade4.jpg
very, very sedate.