Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm INto being FAMOUS.

I wrapped up the story in InFamous last night. I was 2 missions from the end when I left for Madison last week and one of those missions was a boss fight. So I sat down last night and less than 1/2 hour later, I was done.

InFamous is a flawed-but-awesome game (I feel like I've said that a lot recently). It might have been clumsy in delivering some of it's narrative (or all of it) and the action was sometimes on the loose side, and the enemies were annoyingly accurate, overall I had a great time.

I will probably keep playing and rid the city of all the crime and gangs (through side missions) and find all the collectibles. And I might even go back and play the game as a Bad character someday, since I played pure Good this time. But it's not a huge priority. It's just fun.

I also practiced up on Street Fighter 4 for a bit, and I'm happy to say, I am getting better, quickly. I'm still making stupid mistakes because I'm thinking so hard about the controls and I'm not fast enough yet. But I made a lot of progress.

I've been switching between a lot of my favorite characters, getting a feel for them again. Akuma, Cammy, Zangief, Balrog, Ken and Ryu, Sakura... I'm getting the hang of it. And with Charge characters (like Balrog) I think I'm better than I was, in many ways.

It's kind of exciting. And kind of frustrating. But more exciting.

No comments: