Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring time is Hip Hop.

I got together with the old crew I used to work with on Wednesday. We did a few product lines together before the whole program was axed. It was a good time, and despite the ranges of age (25-65, probably) everyone is still pretty close. Lots of hugging, laughing and fun.

The week at work has been long and exhausting. Not much actual work has been going on, but a storm is raging. The company is changing hands, and a lot of shakeups and decisions have been stalled, postponed and debated. It's tense when people careers hang in the balance.

But Thursday marked the final announcement of the change, which was followed by wine and cake and gifts. All that, and we only had to sit in a state of angst filled limbo for a month or 4. The changes are over yet, but most people can rest a little easier, now.

I walked out of work and discovered it was like 75 degrees that night. So nice. The weather changes everything. I was filled with energy, and I had to pump the summer jams. Springtime = Gang Starr, Salt N' Peppa, party jams.

Winter = more Rock, Summer = more Hip Hop. I don't know why, but that's how it is.

That night I went out to Fuji Ya with Becky, Lindsay and Lindsay mom, and I went home and drew while pumping the Game. Cool & Dre beats = Summer, that much is certain.

I ended up with a strange, slightly heartfelt drawing. I had the urge to do something a little more complicated than the normal doodles I do.

Oh what the heck, I'll post it, too.

so real.jpg

Normally I don't, just because if I posted everything here, what's the point of the other blogs?

No comments: