Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back in Action.

I'm back from Texas! Huzzah!

I've got a lot of pictures from the trip, and a few words written down. I'll post them when I get the chance to sort through everything...

There's should be a couple good pictures, at least. I went a little crazy with my new Nikon D-SLR camera and took more pictures than necessary.

We ended up getting back into town mid-day Monday, and I spent most of the day cleaning cat litter boxes, getting things back in order and helping Lindsay with a project. Not all that fun. I did go out to Baker's Square with Chris C, so that was cool.

We woke up in Austin on Monday morning somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 am and spent a good part of the day flying. Then cleaned and worked all day and went to bed late.

So I wasn't exactly feeling fresh when I returned to the office on Tuesday. I was dragging, in fact.

I went home and Lindsay wanted me to get diner. I went to the store, because there was nothing in the house, and I got the idea to make a fancy-ish meal for diner. I started cooking and everything was going swimmingly. But Lindsay didn't come home when I thought she did, so I tried to slow down the process, but it was too late. I tried to keep things warm, but eventually, things got burnt. And after that things got cold.

So when Lindsay finally did get home, things were burnt, cold and hard. But we ate it anyway.

By the time we finished it was probably 8:30 or so. And I felt tired. I made the decision I normally avoid. I went to bed early. I was in bed by 9:15 PM. I slept until 8 AM. I didn't sleep great. Lindsay and the pets were still moving around until 4:30 or 5 AM, so I was kind of 1/2 awake for most of the night, but still, it was way more rest than I usually get.

Today I feel alright. I don't feel AMAZING, like I was hoping. But I'm sure it did me good to get a little more shut-eye than normal. Even though I felt like I was missing something important. It's hard to decide to go to bed when you don't absolutely have to.

No comments: