Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Call of a hard-to-spell name...
I've been playing a bit of Call Of Cthulhu. It's a game for the original Xbox based on an H.P. Lovecraft book. I don't know much about Lovecraft and I've never really heard of this game until they started talking about it on Rebel FM's Game Club podcast.
Right away, the game intrigued me. Basically, the game is a creepy first-person detective adventure game with fantastical elements set in the 1920's. Great, sign me up. I ordered it off of Amazon after the first Game Club episode.
As the podcast series went on, I found out the game is royally broken. It starts out strong, but then graphical and gameplay glitches start popping up, bad game design decisions hit hard at the halfway point and, in some cases, people were just unable to complete the game, thanks to crashing.
But I'm ok with that. Everyone seemed to agree that the game was great up until the Escape from Innsmouth segment about halfway through the game, and if it would have ended right then, they would have been happy. So that's where I'll quit.
And so far I like it. Lindsay seems to really like it. Dark, creepy, story-driven games always get her attention. Which is funny because suspense / horror movies aren't her thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment