I feel really strange today. I got a whole lot done at work, but I didn't feel so hot after work so I skipped the gym. I did some stuff around the house, and then played Burnout Paradise for a long time. I finally got my "A" license.
If you follow games at all, you know Criterion, the company behind Burnout, has been updating that game like no other. There's always new, free content continually rolling out. It's been a while since I played, but a friend bought it recently which inspired me to throw it in last night.
That game is awesome, even more so than I remember it being. I know they've tweaked a lot; the User Interface, to more events and easier to identify goals, a day night cycle, motorcycles, even slightly tighter graphics (they were already phenomenal).
But there's one thing that I wonder if they fixed... it's subtle, and I can't tell if it's just me. The problem I used to have with the game is that the camera was slightly too low. Anyone can tell you a low placed camera, in film, video games, or anything visual, will create drama and also a sense speed (if moving). Since Burnout was all about speed, I understand why they did it.
But it was too low. It made seeing what's coming really difficult. And I think they moved the camera up a bit. Like I said, I'm not sure, but I seem to have a lot easier getting around and seeing where I'm headed.
All in all, Burnout Paradise rocks hard. Now that there's so much stuff to get for free, and it's only 20 bucks, I can't see any reason to to buy it.
After playing for a while I started working out a bit, but I feel too weird so I quit after about 1/2 my routine. I don't feel painfully sick, but I feel... not right.
If that makes any sense at all.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment