Last night Lindsay and I went to get some pizza, which is kind of strange because neither of us (despite out love of the TMNT) are really that into pizza.
She picked one that I was a bit skeptical of. It had feta, spinach, chicken and a bunch of other stuff. I like all of those things, but for some reason I just remember a similar pizza being terrible.
And I was right. I took one bite, put the piece down and said "it's all yours." Lindsay slowly chewed, swallowed, and asked if we should send it back because she hated it too.
So we did, which is rare for us. But we were very nice about it, and left a huge tip. Lindsay felt like our waitress hated us. Although I have worked in food services, and knew as long as you're not a dick about it, no one takes it personally.
Chris C met us at our place afterward. I had downloaded the Killzone 2 demo. Right now, it is exclusive to people who pre-order, which is mighty lame. But I was going to buy it anyway and I wanted to get a sneak peek.
We each played through the short demo. It was good. The controls felt fine to me, I got used to them fast despite having read some people negative reactions to the contrary. They're not super traditional, but I think they might be similar to Socom, so I wasn't too out of place. The action felt good and heavy, which I like, with enough accuracy and oomph in the weapons to feel satisfying, but enough enemies and general chaos in the environment that you still feel vulnerable. And it looked good. Technically it looked pretty great, but the art direction in the demo was bland enough that overall it didn't blow my mind. I'm pretty sure things get more creative once you get into the game.
Then we played the Resident Evil 5 demo with the split-screen co-op. I've played the demo a couple of times and thought it was fine. I wasn't able to get the online co-op to work, for some reason, so I had played it solo. Playing it co-op made it a lot more fun.
When a friend takes over the second character, Shiva, you become much more aware of their wants and needs. When I played alone I used Shiva as a pack mule, forcing her to give me her weapon when my ammo was out or to heal me with her last heath pack. When it's your friend as Shiva, they have the option to say "no" to my needy requests. And they usually do.
Not only that, but you also are much more aware of what your co-op buddy is doing at all times. We ended up using a lot of on-the-fly co-op tactics, like me guarding Chris C with the shotgun while he sniped enemies at a distance.
I was excited before, but now I can't wait for Resident Evil 5.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment