
Poor ol' Andy is sooooo old.
This past week was kind of busy and lame. I had to work after work a few times, I was sick, and I didn't get much sleep.
By Friday I was dead tired. I couldn't wait to get out of work to go sleep, but then Lindsay's parents came to town unexpectedly. I met them in Uptown, and we got some food and sat around talking for a good long while.
But I think my food disagreed with me, and I got pretty sick. I went home and played Far Cry 2 and felt sorry for myself. I'm pretty sure it was the food, because it went away in a few hours.
Saturday was Valentine's day. Lindsay had to meet a client in the morning, but we went out and had a fancy time last night. We saw Slumdog Millionaire, which was good. I knew absolutely nothing about it, other than what I heard on an NPR interview with the composer, and Kevin Smith's latest podcast, where they mentioned it in passing. I'd never seen a trailer or even got a good sense of what it was about. All I knew was India + Music. In my head that meant Bollywood craziness, which this was not. But like I said, it was good.
Today we met with Lindsay parents at Baker's Square and stayed for 3 hours. Then we went to the Mall of America, which was absolutely packed. It sucked. But they have the only Best Buy in the cities with what I needed: the Nikon D60.

Me. Fresh haircut, cleanly shaven. Take it all in, it's a rare sight.
I finally bought the D-SLR camera I've been looking at for years. I went back and forth between a lot of cameras until I decided upon the D60, which was one of the first ones I was interested in, anyway. Plus, I found a huge sale, so it was substantially cheaper than normal (the sale actually ended Saturday, but I bought it online, with in-store pick-up, because I couldn't make it in time to get the deal otherwise).
I just got home and I'm charging the battery now, so I haven't had a chance to mess around with it, but I'm excited. We have a lot of photography of product we need to do for the Paper Bicycle website (and my own, if I decide to put my product design stuff on there) so we're going to work out a good way to shoot all that stuff. That, combined with the upcoming wedding made it seem like a good time to finally get the camera. I kind of wish I got it back when we were doing Drawl Graphic product, but whatever.
Lindsay also bought an entire new set of dishes. We are going to get rid of any other dishes, and make things simpler. So spendy day at the stupid mall.
Lindsay went to the Tea Garden with Chris C to work, but I stayed back to play with my camera, do laundry, do some drawings, clean and maybe work out.
I will do one, or all, of those things...

Oliva will force me too.


No comments:
Post a Comment