Saturday, February 7, 2009

Far Cry 2 tricked me.

I left work at about 5:10 last night. I think I was the second to last person to leave.

I went straight to the gym, and there were a lot of people there. It was crappy, but I got over it.

Chris C, Adam, Lindsay and I went out to the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'm not sure how we picked that, besides many of our main choices were either closing soon or booked solid. The food wasn't awesome, but it wasn't bad either, and it was a good time.

After that we all came back to our place. Adam didn't stay too long, and Chris C just talked to us while I played some games. I tried out the Halo Wars demo. It was an RTS, for sure.

I spent chunk of time playing Far Cry 2. I got to the second act, and I was shocked. Amazingly, the intimidatingly huge world of Far Cry 2's African microcosm, that I've already spent tens of hours in and felt like I was finally coming to grips with the topography, was only one half of the full world. I just unlocked the Southern Territory.

Why didn't I hear about this? How could it have slipped past me. So I said Far Cry 2's world was huge before. But now I have to take that back and say it is monsterous. Holy crap.

No comments: