There was a blizzard this week. That sucked. We're so busy at work that I didn't even really notice until I was almost snowed in.
I posted a couple of fun and cute things for the Super Awesome Art Challenge (well, Lindsay posted one, but I worked on it, too).
Lindsay and I had a Frog-Off and I posted some funny drawings on A Day in the Life as well. But if you read this blog, you should probably read those first. They're more interesting.
I had two meeting on different weekday nights and got two new freelance jobs. That's cool, one in particular is a client that might be interesting to work with going forward. I actually got offered one more, but I haven't decided to take it yet. I probably will do it, though, just to help a friend out, really.
Friday I went out at lunch at picked up Killzone 2 and Retro Game Challenge. I've been looking for RGC for a coupel weeks now, and I was about to give up and buy it online. Luckily I got the satisfaction of buying it in person.
That night Chris C, Ryan and I all met at Yum. We ate some awesome food and talked about our feelings. Ryan had to take off, but Chris C and I were chomping at the bit to get home and play some Killzone 2. Lindsay didn't think that was the best idea, so we compromised and went to the mall for a while, first.
And it was fun, amazingly enough. Lindsay was looking for new shoes. I'm not looking for anything. But there's no better place to do a little people watching than the Mall of America.
Finally, we went home and busted out Killzone 2. And it's pretty great. I'll write more on it later, but so far I really like the way the multiplayer works. It's a pretty original idea that keeps thing interesting. We played it until we wee hours of the morning, until my eyes hurt. Which wasn't hard, I was so tired.
Today we went to see our accountant and get our taxes done. An experience that really makes me feel like I'm an irresponsible idiot. Who knew you had to keep track of how much you pay quarterly (which I have to do because I'm freelance)? Go figure! There are so many questions I just don't have the answer for, but that's why we have help.
Our accountant specializes in artist, and he's amazing. He's worth every penny, it's great. We may have to pay him to do it, but he saves us more money than we could have ever hoped, and he even got my motivated enough to start a SEP IRA last year. Don't ask me what that means, but I have one, and I've contributed to it, too!
Tonight we're hanging at the Tea Garden working and writing long-winded blogs...
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment