Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nerd Talk.

In the last couple weeks I've hit two extremes of the gaming landscape.

I picked up all of the following games; Street Fighter 4, Flower, Noby Noby Boy and Killzone 2. Amazingly all for the PS3, which is almost bizarre. I guess my poor 360 will get break for a while.

Street Fighter 4 and Killzone 2 represent games in the very traditional, hardcore sense of the word. Street Fighter 4 might claim to be casual friendly, but after playing just one or two online matches and I found it was quite the opposite. Killzone 2 is basically the definition of a hardcore FPS. It's dark, gritty and intense with complex multiplayer and a chaotic single player campaign. And slightly obtuse controls.

Noby Noby Boy and Flower, on the other hand, are on the far side of that spectrum. They are cute, light, simple, and almost non-games (although one more than the other...)

There's too much to write about in one post, so I'm going to break it down and write about each as I feel like it. Probably starting with Flower.

No comments: