We met downtown and hung out in the bar of his hotel for a while. It was good to see him, even though I wasn't even sure I really wanted to in the first place. But I'm just kind of like that, I guess.
He's quite a bit older than I am. Quite a bit. But he had a lot of questions about the freelance lifestyle; taxes and insurance and stuff like that. He and his partner had just made the switch to all freelance, I think.
When I got home I found I had an email invite to the Resistance 2 beta. Man, I'm going Beta crazy. I played it for a bit, and it is... alright. I can see where it would be awesome, especially the 8 person co-op, but something just doesn't feel right.
Yesterday not a whole lot got done. I spent a lot of the day sleeping and cleaning. Lindsay and I went to Lunds and got some fixing's for crazy cupcake action.
We went home and made a lot of cupcakes. See?

gravestones and cute faces!
I played some Socom in while they were cooking. I finally felt comfortable enough with the game to play the way it's meant to be played: no respawn ranked matches. And it's a whole lot of fun. The pacing is wildly different. When you only get one life, you play a little less like a cowboy and a little more conservatively. It adds a whole lot of pressure knowing that if you're the last one alive, your entire team is watching your every move. And probably talking shit about you on the Dead Channel.
Actually, everyone I've played with has been really nice. Socom seems to draw an older, more respectful crowd than Halo of Cal of Duty. For the most part...
We met a friend in Uptown and took him out to Fuju Ya. He had never eaten there, and assumed it was only sushi. I don't know how he's never eaten there, we end up there pretty much weekly, it seems, and it's always with friends. I guess he's just always passed on it. He liked it. Of course.
I barely ate anything, though, because I had only eaten a few hours earlier thanks to waking up way late and not getting into gear very fast.
We headed to an opening at the Tea Garden. Lindsay was in charge of getting the artists together to fill the show. We brought the cupcakes.
It was fun. I mainly just stood off to the side and talked World of Warcraft vs Warhammer, old-ish movies, ideas for art shows of our own and danced a little when someone put on some Daft Punk.
We met up with another friend who followed us home. We hung out until like 2 or 3 am, with an awesome run to Jimmy Johns somewhere around midnight. That sandwich was so good. Then, for some reason, I played Fable 2 until 5 am. That was needlessly silly. I should have went to bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment