Wednesday, October 15, 2008

6 years is not very long...

Today was Lindsay and my 6th anniversary. It's probably our last anniversary as a dating couple; by this time next year we should by married.

So it's a special day. Unfortunately, I worked all day and when I got off work, Lindsay had to teach. So we didn't get to see each other until about 10:30 or so. We're going to do something more fun this weekend...

I got her a owl-shaped purse and a werewolf-shaped cupcake. Along with a bunch of other single-ish-serve deserts. I couldn't hep it. Some were cute, some were funny and some just looked tasty.

I downloaded two new games: Art Style: Orbient, and Art Style: Cubello, both for the Wii. Which is the first time I've used my Wii since... I don't remember. I guess I downloaded Super Metroid, so since then.


Art Style: Cubello

Both games are continuing the heritage of the Bit Generation series from the Game Boy Advance, which is known for taking one simple idea and executing it stylishly, for cheap.

And that's exactly what these do. I've only played a few minutes of each, but both were immediately fun. I couldn't play for long, but I'm already looking forward to playing more.

Last I played some Socom. Once again I had limited time, but I was really impressed by the size and scope of all the levels. It was a lot of fun, and I was doing well.

I tried again today, but I couldn't connect to the servers. Since it's a multiplayer-only game, that means I can't play at all. Which made me really mad, for a minute. I just spent 60 bucks for a game that I can only play online, and the second day they're servers act up?

Actually, I don't really know why I expected anything different. It's is Sony, after all.

No comments: