Today I had a tough beginning of the day. I got a call from the vet at 7:00 am. I went to work. I tried to make Lindsay feel better at lunch.
When I got back to work, some co-workers were getting set to play a game of touch football. So I joined in.
We played for an hour, 4 on 4, and it was great. I don't play football, and I don't know football. Luckily, I learned the basics when we played at my brother's bachelor party a couple months back, so I at least knew what a "Down" was.
But love of the game aside, you can't deny the fun of outdoor, physical activities on a warm fall day. I wish every day of work was punctuated by a pick-up game of some sort.
Even though I did get a little bloody. But that's what you get when you play with girls. They have long fingernails, and their two-hand touch is that much deadlier. And sexier.
And even though only 8 people played, there was a constant crowd at the sidelines, ranging from 1 or 2 all the way up to a whopping 7!
Good thing they were watching, because I was looking good. I think my shining moment was when the team captain called a play, I nodded, got to my position and ran like the wind.
But I was somehow unaware we had switched possession the play before. Oops. I don't understand football talk. No one noticed that I ran for a pass instead of blocking the other team, amazingly.
I did some good artwork at work, I think. Then I went to the gym, headed home and cleaned for3 or 4 hours.
Also, here is this awesomeness (the song more than the video).
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment