Today was kind of a bad day. But good too.
My main problem is that I lost some important files, all of my paper textures, hand-done fonts, paint smears, etc. A library of things I dip into when I'm working so I don't always have to scan the same crap over and over. I've got hard drives everywhere, backups upon backups, and none of them seem to have it. It's driving me crazy... Not in a fun, pop song kind of way, either.
Anyway, I started to get some art ready for the gallery we visited on Saturday. I figure I'll enter all the shows for the year. Consider it Super Aweosme Art Challenge V2.0 for 2011. But I had to get some in by today in order to be considered for the calender they make to promote that year's shows.
So I spent a fair bit of time just formatting files, filling out forms, etc. I was all set to upload it to my FTP server (they need big files for promo printing reasons) and I couldn't access it. Nothing I tried, no matter the username, password, address I used, I couldn't connect.
I spent an hour (maybe two!) trying to get it to work, checking to make sure my accounts were paid up and that no weird settings were on. Finally I was like "'Eff it! I'm CALLING my service provider!" and I did. Within 2 minutes, we had the whole thing sorted out...
Basically, for some reason my main ID (which I've used as my username on my FTP for literally 8 YEARS now) became UNLINKED to the account, so I had no username anymore. But apparently there was no way to re-link it, either. So instead I just had to create a new username and gave that one authorization over my FTP.
...Don't ask me. But it worked so I didn't ask any questions.
I've also been editing tons of photos and doing detailed write-ups of our time spent in Iceland... Which is fun, in a way, but a big time commitment. And it kind of sucks.
So I feel like I've been running in circles but no REAL work has been getting done. Ugh.
That's OK, though. I played Rockband with Lindsay yesterday. Even after Lindsay went to cook some stuff in the kitchen, I sang another 6 or 7 songs to myself. Good times. Although I did get pretty sad somewhere in the middle of all that because it reminded me that my go-to Rockband friend was going to leave forever in a couple weeks. Bummer.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment